What’s for lunch? How about a fresh twist on a salad. These salad jars are easy to assemble and save for days. I usually make three to four at a time and they are perfectly fresh when I’m ready for them. Simply shake and enjoy. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Ranch Chicken Mason Jar Salad
- 6 ounces cooked pasta (elbow, shells, or other small pasta)
- 6 ounces cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers (optional)
In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, chives, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the pasta and stir until well combined. Split the pasta between jars (the number of jars depends on the size of your jar).
Top the pasta layer with the chicken pieces, tomatoes, diced peppers and pepperoncini peppers (if using).
Finally, add the spinach. Seal the jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
When you are ready, shake the jar until all ingredients are combined. Take off top and enjoy.